Vigilance is no more a punitive function, it is evolving and so are we. One of the core functions of vigilance is to have fraud control which contributes significantly to the growth of the business.
Many organizations have gone ahead and have started separate function to control to frauds. The change is towards preventive and proactive vigilance. In order to prevent the frauds it is essential that the companies understand the warning signals of the frauds. A research conducted by Indiaforensic in year 2008 is an exhaustive composition of all such warning signals or the red flags in the corporate environment to commit the frauds.
In order to prevent the frauds it is essential that the companies understand the warning signals of the frauds. A research conducted by Indiaforensic in year 2008 is an exhaustive composition of all such warning signals or the red flags in the corporate environment to commit the frauds. This research is the core competency of Certified Vigilance and Investigation Expert program, which is the composite program for the vigilance officers across the country.
Certified Vigilance and Investigation Expert program is divided in three aspects
- Corporate frauds
- Bank Frauds
- Anti-Money Laundering
The Certification in Bank Forensic Accounting builds on the skills acquired in the Graduate certificate by introducing a global/international focus and specialized areas including banking, police, transnational fraud, financial terrorism and eCommerce.
On completion of the course participants will gain the skills to:
- Identify indicators of fraudulent activities
- Undertake forensic analysis and assessment of risk factors
- Predict/anticipate fraud
- Analytical skills will involve:
- Investigative methods
- Analysis of financial information
- Systems methodology for investigation
- Statistical techniques
Eligibility for CVIE
Vigilance officers can be certified by only taking the examination. Any member who fulfils the following criterion is eligible for the certification
- Is a graduate from recognized university in India
- Has completed two years in the vigilance or audit or fraud control or forensics
- Any person meeting this criterion can give the examination of CVIE.
There is no honorary certification or waiver of the examination for the vigilance officers. However, we salute the recognition of the Central Vigilance officers.
Reaching the position of the Chief Vigilance officer is an achievement in itself. Chief Vigilance officers whose names appear on the websites of the organizations / PSUs/ Banks are eligible for the waiver of the examination. The members who are working in the public/private sector or wish to make their career in vigilance or investigation sector can apply for the certification.
Please provide following documents along with the application form
- Self attested Application form duly filled up
- Copies of Graduation certificates
- Experience letter from the supervisor/ colleague
- Please affix a photograph on the application form
- Examination Application form for Certified Vigilance and Investigation Expert FORM.
If you donot meet the above criterion but are curious to take up the examination please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific questions, comments and feedback.
Syllabus for CVIE
Certification in Vigilance and Investigation emphasize a forensic rather than a control-based or risk management approach to the analysis of governance and the possibility of fraud. This program also helps the Vigilance officers in the preventive vigilance. The scope and content of all subjects extend well beyond ‘narrow’ focus of fraud prevention and provide an opportunity to study and acquire skills in investigative techniques and the collection of data as well as the skills necessary to not only identify poor management but also unethical and fraudulent activities.
This is probably the first certification in the vigilance and investigation in India and covers following chapters primarily.
- Frauds in Advances or the traditional frauds in India
- Technology related frauds in India
- Money Laundering techniques
- Frauds related Negotiable instruments
- Legal provisions that deal with the frauds in India
- Tools to investigate the frauds
- Drafting the fraud policies
- Case studies on the bank frauds
- Research on Early warning signals of corporate frauds
The above syllabus is updated frequently based on the new trends and developments in banking industry and the banking frauds. The specially designed 600 + pages banking frauds manual is provided to the participants who register for the Certification in the forensic accounting.
Fees for this program are Rs.35000 for the Vigilance officers in India or US$ 575. This includes the cost of the certificate, study material, access to the resource website and the examination password.